Monday, June 22, 2009

Ride Report - Hawes / Microwave Tower

Walker lead the ride on a "new to us" section of Hawes called Microwave Tower. It was a 10 mile out and back ride that took about 1:20. The trail had a few brutal climbs that included "Cardiac Hill", and two more hills just like it. Scott named both hills on the way up, but I won't write words like that. My bike was having trouble (really, it was)and I had to stop on a climb or three. But maybe my legs were really tired and needed a rest too. The technical single track was well...technical. The downhill was awesome. Steve put his feet down twice, mostly because he was scared. There was plenty of wildlife. We saw several covey of quail (I almost squished one when it ran across the trail), rabbits, and squirrels. Ryan (formerly known as Kyle) said he thought he heard a javelina "snorting" and he went to look for it. When he got back his eyes were red. I think okay for guys to cry if they want to. To borrow Cosmic Rays Puck-O-Meter scale of 1 to 10, this ride was a solid "8". Embrace the Uphill!

No comments: